U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Mission and Vision
The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 240,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. The vision of homeland security is to ensure a homeland that is safe, secure, and resilient against terrorism and other hazards.
Grant Program Highlights
Federal Emergency Management Agency Grants
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror. FEMA offers both non-disaster grants and disaster assistance.
Transit Security Grant Program
DHS provides security grants to mass transit and passenger rail systems, intercity bus companies, freight railroad carriers, ferries, and the trucking industry to help protect the public and nation's critical transportation infrastructure against acts of terrorism and other large-scale events.
Science and Technology Directorate
The Department's Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate invests in scientific research leading to the development of new and innovative technologies. Technologies are developed and transitioned by the Directorate to enhance the mission capabilities of its customers.
Find DHS Grants
DHS Grant Spending
Offices and Agencies
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- United States Secret Service (USSS)
- Management Directorate
- National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD)
- Science and Technology (S&T)
- Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO)
- Office of Health Affairs (OHA)
- Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A)
- Office of Operations Coordination
- Office of Policy